Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard - Black
When your child outgrows their 0-4 seat but you want to keep them harnessed (a very good idea for the under-8s), then a type G seat is the go, and the Maxi Guard by Britax Safe-n-Sound is a solid choice.
An easy-adjust harness means the seat does not have to be removed to alter the harness height, and it's an easy one click job s you'll never have the harness at the wrong height. This feature makes the seat perfect for grandparents, occasional carers and for second cars.
This seat will last a child until they are generally 8 years old by which stage we would recommend moving to a booster seat like the Britax Kid Guard, especially if they are not yet 145cm or meeting the 5-step test for sitting in a car without any restraint.
At Baby Things, we recommend that babies stay in a rearward-facing restraint for as long as they still fit, even though the law allows children over 6 months to use a forward-facing restraint. Rearward facing restraints offer far more protection as long as the child still fits in it. (Neuroscience Research Australia and Kidsafe).
Keeping children as safe as possible while travelling in motor vehicles: A guide for parents, carers and road safety practitioners. Sydney: 2013) https://www.kidsafensw.org/imagesDB/wysiwyg/DetailedConsumerGuide.pdf
What Britax have to say:
The Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard™, is a Forward Facing Harnessed seat with Active Head Restraint™ (AHR™) headrest suitable for growing children from approx. 6mths to 8yrs.
- Active Head Restraint™ (AHR™) to protect your child’s head in a side impact crash
- Simple to adjust headrest
- 6 point Hassle Free Harness that can be height adjusted without uninstalling the seat. No need to rethread
- Seat cover is able to be removed without removing the harness or uninstalling the seat from the car
- 2 recline positions
- Useful side storage pockets
- Age suitability: From 6months to 8 years old (approx.); Baby Things strongly recommends that a child is kept in a rearward facing positional seat for as long as possible before going to a forward facing seat for their own safety.
- Product weight: approx. 8.6kg
- Seat height (headrest not extended): 680mm
- Seat height (headrest fully extended): 865mm
- Seat width: 460mm
Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard - Grey
Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO - Kohl Black
Britax Safe-n-Sound Maxi Guard PRO - Midnight Navy